The Fabulous Fifties: Teenage Dreams
The course of true love never did run smooth - especially in those dream-soaked ballad hits of the late 1950s. Now comes the chance to relive all the agony and the ecstasy in a 1 CD collection of 27 love songs from the era of heart throbs and harmony groups. It's the 1950s soundtrack to breaking up and making up!
Remember when Lipstick On Your Collar told a tale on you and being A Teenager In Love was the sweetest of tortures? From first meeting to budding romance, from breaking up and making up to happy-ever-after bliss, enjoy again the the dream-soaked discs to which a generation dated and danced. How such hits as Buddy Holly's True Love Ways, Paul Anka's Lonely Boy and the Platters' Only You traced every heady, rapturous moment of being young and in love!
- Only You - The Platters
- Born Too Late - The Poni-Tails
- Heartbeat - Buddy Holly
- I’ll Be Home - Pat Boone
- A Teenager In Love - Marty Wilde
- Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
- Lipstick On Your Collar - Connie Francis
- All I Have To Do Is Dream - Everly Brothers
- Ain’t That A Shame - Fats Domino
- True Love Ways - Buddy Holly
- To Know Him Is To Love Him - The Teddy Bears
- It’s All In The Game - Tommy Edwards
- You Always Hurt The One You Love - Connie Francis
- Bye Bye Love - Everly Brothers
- Born To Be With You - The Chordettes
- Young Love - Tab Hunter
- Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Elvis Presley
- Only Sixteen - Craig Douglas
- Blue - The Fleetwoods
- Put Your Head On My Shoulder - Paul Anka
- Never Be Anyone Else But You - Ricky Nelson
- Devoted To You - Everly Brothers
- Lonely Boy - Paul Anka
All tracks sensitively restored and digitally remastered.
Plus 8-page booklet Over 1 hour playing time.